Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Learned The Hard Way


Make sure your dancing shoes are shined, and get up, because Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings are back with "I Learned The Hard Way" (DAP 2010). This is funky, tight soul, and even if the songs are mostly about the oh so hard love, it still turns out a party!
Sharon Jones is a grown up lady with a grown up voice, and the band is really smoking, with horns, organ and everything you need. The Dap-Kings are: Thomas Brenneck, Binky Griptite, Dave Guy, Ian Hendrickson-Smith, Bosco Mann, Homer Steinweiss, Neal Sugarman and Fernando "Boogaloo" Velez.
I still love the previous album, "100 Days 100 Nights" (DAP 2007) (sorry, only in my Norwegian blog), but "I Learned The Hard Way" is even more complete. I don´t think the album has one weak track.

No comments: