Sunday, October 3, 2010

Antony: "Thank you for your love"

Antony and The Johnsons new album "Swanlights" is just around the corner, and the teaser EP "Thank you for your love" has been on heavy rotation on my iPod and CD player lately.
At first I wondered if we really needed this one, the music sound very familiar to other Antony songs, but hell yes, I think we need it!
Blame me for liking Antony´s voice too much, if you disagree. 
"Thank you for your love" is from "Swanlights" (watch video with a young Antony here), but you also get four more songs that are not on the album. Antony´s "My Lord My Love" is just beautiful, and I really like the cover of "Pressing on" from Bob Dylan´s "Saved".

And then the  EP is ending with John Lennons "Imagine"! Ouch! This is one of the pop songs I am more than a bit fed up with (no offense meant and so on), but it works just fine here, with guitar instead of piano, and I hate to admit it, but I have been humming "Imagine" this afternoon. Sorry.

No comments: